I am so excited to share with you my divine collection of Christmas goodies. Each Christmas Hamper Box contains:
- 1 small box of Kourabiedes
- 375 ml Vin Doux Samos Wine
- 250 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil from my olive grove in Greece
- Variety of ION Greek chocolates
- Cherry Spoon Sweet (Glyko tou koutaliou)
- 200 g Greek coffee (brand may vary)
- 1 Greek coffee pot (briki)
- 1 “Gouri”, a traditional Greek New Year’s good luck charm
As you may know, my parents are both Greek and I have come to appreciate the small things that make our Christmas traditions so special. Each item in this hamper box is an expression of my Greek culture, evoking the senses with aroma and passion.
The Extra Virgin Olive Oil comes from my mother’s olive grove in Vlahioti, near Sparti. The Vin Doux wine is a drop from my father’s beautiful island of Samos. I have handmade the kourabiedes and cherry glyko tou koutaliou. I hope that with all these goodies and my favourite ION chocolates, that you are whisked away to a dreamy white Christmas in Greece. Of course not forgetting to end the occasion with Greek coffee served in an authentic briki. Christmas in Greece is complete with a “gouri”, which is a good luck charm and brings good health and fortune to the one who receives it as a gift.
Καλά Χριστούγεννα Kαι Καλή Χρόνια
(Kala Xristougenna Kai Kali Xronia! – Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!)